“Do Justly …Love Mercy… Walk Humbly with thy G-d” (Micah 6:8)
The Temple B’nai B’rith Religious School has been steadfast in its commitment to our families, ensuring the continuity of our tradition and rooted in the Reform movement. We emphasize our tasks as Reform Jews and the realities of life in today’s world, being mindful of the moral guidance of our religious heritage.
GOALS OF THE TEMPLE B’NAI B’RITH RELIGIOUS SCHOOL:
- To foster a strong Jewish identity in our children through a sense of belonging to k’lal Yisrael – the world Jewish community – and through knowledge of Jewish history, the holiday cycle, and traditions.
- To teach the centrality of Torah as a framework for the ethics and values, and to encourage each child to make a personal connection to the Torah and the concept of mitzvah.
- To lay the foundation for our children to become lifelong Jewish learners.
- To provide each child the opportunity to achieve fluency with basic Jewish liturgy in the Hebrew and become familiar with the structure of our prayer services.
- To help strengthen the bonds of Jewish family life.
- To inspire a love of Eretz Yisrael as the Jewish homeland.
- To support the development of Jewish educators within our community.
A well-rounded education means that our students will not only be able to articulate what it means to be Jewish but also take pride in their heritage. A Jewish religious education here at Temple B’nai B’rith means that our students will have the resilience to meet the challenges ahead, a joy in celebrating our traditions and imbuing a sense of belonging to the Jewish people.